My name is Joey Grover. I am the Mobile Technology Lead at Livio where I handle the mobile technology road map and write the code needed for the Android platform. Livio is a start-up out of Ferndale, MI that has launched its flagship technology, Livio Connect, that connects mobile apps with automotive head-units.
I graduated from Michigan State University with a B.S. in Computer Engineering with a concentration in Biomedical Engineering. I started my career working for IBM as an Associate Programming specialist. The spare time I had from working gave me the chance to teach myself how to program for the Android platform. After about a year working for “Big Blue” I felt that my talents and ambition had outgrown my position and I needed a change. I found out about Livio through the MSU career center and saw they were in need of an Android developer. I was hired for the position and haven’t slowed down since. The start-up atmosphere really plays well with my drive; I am constantly challenged and never run out of problems to solve. Oh, and I am very gifted in the area of making bad puns, so be on the look out.
I am striving to learn all I can and make meaningful contributions to my field. Speaking at conferences so that I can share my experiences is something I enjoy. Career wise I am working towards becoming a Chief Technology Officer and making sure I am on a great path to get there.
- 2012 – Big Android BBQ – Solo Presentation (Hurst, TX)
- 2013 – IMDA at International CES 2013 – Solo Presentation (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2013 – Mobile Madness Motor City – Panel Speaker (Detroit, MI)
- 2013 – Detroit Policy Conference – Panel Speaker (Detroit, MI)
- 2013 – Teach for America – Panel Speaker (Detroit, MI)
- 2013 – App Summit at CTIA – Co-presenter (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2013 – AnDevCon – Solo Presentation (Boston, MA)
- 2013 – Big Android BBQ – Solo Presentation (Hurst, TX)
- 2014 – North American International Auto Show – Co-presenter(Detroit, MI)
- 2013 – TechCrunch TV (Interview)
- 2014 – TechCrunch TV (Interview and judge)